Guidelines for Authors
Guidelines for Paper Submission to ICASAT 2021.
Accepted papers will be published in "Recent trends in sustainable engineering", Springer proceedings of the 2nd International Conference on Applied Science and Advanced Technology.
Please read the instructions below carefully to avoid desktop rejection. This guidelines describes aspects related to:
- Preparation of Your Paper
- Springer Consent to Publish format
- Submission Instructions
- Review Process
- Camera-ready Version
- Checklist of Items to Be Sent
- Registration fees
- Other issues
1. Preparation of Your Paper
Papers should be submitted electronically following the Springer style format, the guidelines for authors, LaTex and MS Word templates are available at the download buttons.Download guidelines
Download LaTEX template
Download Word template
Download Word macro Using Word macros
For help using the templates send us an e-mail: email@example.com
1.1 Authors names, affiliations and ORCIDs.
Write the names authors and insert their ORCIDs in superscript next to the names. Authors’ names should be written out in full in the header of the paper. they are shortened by us to “initials surname” in the running heads and take the form “surname, given name” in the author index. Affiliations institutions (including town/city and country listed directly below the names of the authors, in the next line write the Email Addresses of the authors.
1.2 Corresponding author.
Should be clearly marked in the header of the paper. The inclusion of the corresponding author’s email address is mandatory.
The abstract is a mandatory element that should summarize the contents of the paper and should contain up to 250 words. Use 9pt font size for abstract and 10pt for the text.
They should be separated by middots. The first letter of each keyword should be capitalized.
Should be capitalized and except for the title, should be aligned to the left. The table 1 shows the characteristics of the headings.Table 1. Font sizes of headings. Table captions should always be positioned above the tables.
Font size and style
14 point bold
1st -level heading
1 Introduction (numbered)
12 point bold
2nd -level heading
2.1 Printing Area (numbered)
10 point bold
3rd -level heading
Run-in Heading in Bold. Text follows
10 point bold
4th -level heading
Lowest Level Heading. Text follows
1.6 Length of papers.
Papers should be with a length between eight and twelve pages (no less, no more), in English. There is no need to include page numbers or running heads.
1.7 Figures and Tables.
All illustrations must be clear and legible. Grids and details within the figures must be clearly legible and may not be written one on top of the other. Figures are to be numbered and to have a caption which should always be positioned under the figures. Figures and Tables should be cross referred in the text.
Displayed equations or formulae are centered and set on a separate line (with an extra line or half line space above and below). Equations should be numbered for reference. The numbers should be consecutive within the contribution, with numbers enclosed in parentheses and set on the right margin.
The superscript numeral used to refer to a footnote appears in the text either directly after the word to be discussed or – in relation to a phrase or a sentence – following the punctuation mark (comma, semicolon, or period).1
1.10 Citations by Number.
Please observe the following guidelines:
- Single citation: 
- Multiple citation: [4-6, 9]. The numbers should be listed in numerical order.
- Sequential citation by order of citation: reference 7 cannot be cited before reference 5, for example.
- If an author’s name is used in the text: Miller  was the first …
1.11 Ethics and Permissions.
All authors must comply with our ethical standards, as detailed on our Editorial Policies page and in our Code of Conduct. Papers submitted for publication must present original work by the authors themselves that has not previously been submitted or published elsewhere. Proceedings papers may be checked by our plagiarism-checking tool on their arrival at Springer.
1.12 Avoidance of Selfplagiarism.
A certain overlap in scientific content between articles by the same author is standard practice and to be expected. However, it is essential that transparency is retained, and appropriate references included. Permission must be obtained from other publishers, where appropriate.
2. Springer Consent to Publish format
Submission system opens:
- Midnight, Pacific Standard Time, December 1st, 2020.
Last extended deadline submission:
- Midnight, Pacific Standard Time, March 26th, 2021.
- Midnight, Pacific Standard Time, February 28th, 2021.
Notification of acceptance:
- Midnight, Pacific Standard Time, April 30th, 2021.
4. Submission Instructions
The paper submission must be in PDF, without authors’ name nor affiliations nor references giving out the authors’ identity (double-blind review). Excessive deviations from the Springer format standards imply desktop rejection. You should submit your paper through the easychair web platform:Click to enter Easy Chair
5. Review Process
All submissions will be double-blind reviewed for originality, technicality, content, and relevance to the theme of the conference by three members of the international Scientific Committee.View scientific committee
6. Camera Ready-Version
Revise your manuscript based on the reviewers’ comments. Some reviewers are very specific in pointing out what to improve in your paper. You must read their comments and revise your manuscript accordingly.
a. Checklist of Items to Be Sent to Your Conference Contact
- The final source files, incl. bib/bbl files, images, etc. (no older source files)
- A final PDF file corresponding exactly to the final source files.
- A copyright form, signed by hand by one author on behalf of all of the authors of the paper.
- The name and e-mail address of the contact author who will check the proof of the paper.
- A suggestion for an abbreviated running head, if appropriate.
- Information about correct representation of authors’ names, where necessary.
This should always be a run in heading and not a section or subsection heading. It should not be assigned a number. The acknowledgments may include references to grants or support received in relation to the work presented in the paper.
If a paper includes an Appendix, it should be placed in front of the references. If it has been placed elsewhere, it will be moved by our typesetters. If there is only one, it is designated “Appendix”; if there are more than one, they are designated “Appendix 1,” “Appendix 2,” etc.
d. References List
The list of references should only include works that are cited in the text and that have been published or accepted for publication.
7. Registration fees
- Author paper + workshops: 150 USD.
- Author paper + workshop + congress kit + printed certificate: 200 USD.
Registration opens on May.
8. Other issues
- Submission implies the willingness of at least one author to register and present the paper at the conference, upon acceptance.
- Only those papers, which are presented by the author will be accepted for publication.
- Do not forget the Springer Consent to Publish format.